Tuesday, June 2, 2009

YOU CAN COUNT ON GOD

YOU CAN COUNT ON GOD


… And all peoples on earth will be blessed through you” (Genesis 12:3)-NIV

God said to Abram “ I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse.” (Genesis 12:2-3)

Abraham believed God and the Bible says: “That it was credited to him as an act of righteousness (Genesis 15:6 / Romans 4:3) God just wants us to trust and believe in Him, to take Him at His word. Abraham faithfulness in his walk with God didn’t just bless him and his descendents but all nations. We who are God’s children are reaping the benefits and the fruits of the covenant God made with Abraham. Abraham is a great role model for all believers to follow after. In that we should walk by faith and not by sight and that we should also obey the Lord in all things. Abraham didn’t get to see his descendents to be as numerous as the stars in heaven but Abraham knew God will make it come to past in time … God’s time. It was part of the covenant relationship that God and Abraham had. Abraham knew that, "God is not a man, that He should lie, nor a son of man that He should change His mind. Does He speak and then not act? Does He promise and not fulfill?" (Numbers 23:19) If God said it …It will happen just as He said it would.

Note: As a baby Christian, I remember having a difficult time in trusting and believing the things that God would say in His word. Without knowing it, I was comparing Him to people. Sometimes people let you down and at times they don’t really mean what they say. I didn’t realize that I was bringing this mind set into my relationship with Jesus Christ, until I read Numbers 23:19. This verse changed my life forever and God has given me the full assurance that I can fully trust and count on Him. That, "ALL things do work out for my good." (Romans 8:28) No matter what may come I know Jesus is by my side "and that trials and tribulations just refine my faith more and more which is a far greater worth than gold." (1 Peter 1:6-7)  I don’t look at the situation, I look to the One who has said “ I will "NEVER" leave you or forsake you”(Joshua 1:5/ Hebrews 13:5)) to the One who has said “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” (Jeremiah 29:11) Who or what is greater than Our God, Nothing and No One. I use this verse in Numbers 23:19 whenever doubt or disbelieve tries to creep back into my mind. Since those earlier years my relationship with the Lord has grown and is still growing to heights that I didn’t think was ever possible for me to reach … My faith has grown and my trust in Him unshaken. I know that the God I served is 100% reliable.

Just like the covenant Abraham has with God, so it is with us who have accepted and receive the Lord Jesus Christ as our Savior. What’s this covenant? It is laid out for us in “The Lord’s Supper”

"While they were eating, Jesus took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to his disciples, saying, “ Take and eat; this is my body.” Then he took the cup, gave thanks and offered it to them, saying, “ Drink from it, all of you. This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins. I tell you, I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it anew with you in my Father’s kingdom.” (Matthew 26:26-30/ Mark 14:22-25/ Luke 22:15-20)

Every covenant comes with a promise and what an awesome promise this is my friends. In the book of John, Jesus speaks of this promise…

DO NOT" let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father’s house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I WILL COME BACK AND TAKE YOU TO BE WITH ME THAT YOU ALSO MAY BE WHERE I AM." (John 14:1-3) JESUS IS COMING BACK FOR US! We have Jesus word on this promise. I know that, what Jesus has spoken will happen just as He said it would. (Matthew 24:35) If we obey and follow the Lord like He commands then this promise will be ours for sure. (John 14:15, Ch.15: 10)

This is the covenant relationship I have with the Lord Jesus Christ. This covenant relationship is not just for me only but it is offered to all of those who will believe, accept and follow the Lord Jesus Christ. The Bible says: “… But there is a friend who sticks close than a brother” (Proverbs 18:24) and this is the kind of friendship and bond that God gives to all those who seek Him and serve Him faithfully. “No Greater Love”, “No Better Friend.”


GOD BLESS YOU ALL NOW AND ALWAYS
YOUR FRIEND,
VICKY RIVERA

No comments: